Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds

Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds
These copper rain gutters are beautiful and help harvest rainwater!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

So here I sit in a Starbucks in Westwood....

contemplating the fact that i am officially a Certified Renovator for lead paint. What does that mean? It means that I had the pleasure of spending 8 hours in a Contractor's State Licensing course learning how to safely renovate windows that have been painted with lead paint! I know, exciting stuff, for me it really is as a fair amount of the windows I use in my green houses have been painted with lead paint which is a definite health risk, predominantly to children, but also to adults.

The beauty of reclaiming these windows is that I am keeping them out of the landfill, giving them a new purpose And encapsulating the lead paint so as to remediate the risk of lead poisoning!

While in the class I was able to connect with several contractors who demonstrated an interest in what I am doing and a willingness to get me the windows that they are now removing! They also had great ideas when it came to transporting and storing the large office building windows I mentioned in my previous blog.

As I sit here today surrounded by people I do not know (yet!) I am feeling gratitude to those that are helping me and gratitude to those that share my enthusiasm for A Place to Grow....

Dana O'Brien
Owner of A Place to Grow
Recycled Green Houses
Dana@recycledgreenhouses.com

No comments:

Post a Comment