Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds

Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds
These copper rain gutters are beautiful and help harvest rainwater!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Here I sit daydreaming about my garden...

Wondering what kinds of root vegetables we will plant this winter to use in the soups we make. Definitely leeks and parsnips and being of Irish descent (well himself is) I figured we had better plant some potatoes! I was doing a little research and ran across this article that really zeroes in on why growing organic is not only important, but also necessary to keep the intricate balance of nature.

http://www.slowmoney.org.

It really made me think about all of the changes that need to be made and are already being made to insure that the food we eat is safe and nutritious. I hope you take away the same feeling of a need for a tremendous shift, as I have, and a new appreciation for our soil. In the meantime I'll be planting some potatoes!

Happy Gardening!

Dana O'Brien
Owner
A Place to Grow, Recycled Green Houses
Dana@recycledgreenhouses.com
805 704-1155

No comments:

Post a Comment