Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds

Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds
These copper rain gutters are beautiful and help harvest rainwater!

Friday, November 25, 2011

I was reading the newspaper this morning....

Enjoying my coffee and wondering what I would find that would interest me and there it was on page B-2 of the Telegram Tribune, an article titled "Cultivating kids in Central Valley garden". Apparently Manuel Jimenez, retired farm worker, is giving children in the Central Valley training in farm techniques and good work habits while providing them a place to escape the temptations of gang life. The following quote from Mr. Jimenez in the article particularly grabbed my attention "We want to grow kids in our gardens, because we've seen what violence, drugs and alcohol can do". Hmmm, he wants to grow kids in his garden and I want to provide kids "A place to Grow", I do believe I need to talk to him to share our vision and see if I can donate a potting shed/greenhouse to his program!

Later this morning I picked up the first batch of recycled windows!! The next step is to start designing the greenhouses. The first potting shed/greenhouse will go to my twin sister and her husband for their support of my journey. I hope the second will go to Mr. Jimenez and his amazing program!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment