Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds

Capturing Rain From One of Our Sheds
These copper rain gutters are beautiful and help harvest rainwater!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can you feel it?

the energy surrounding recycling, reusing or re purposing instead of throwing away? It seems that everywhere I turn I see a new sign of it and appreciate the shift in our collective selves to move toward a more sustainable lifestyle. Whether it's recycling more or just consuming less whatever seemingly insignificant move we make in either of those directions matters.

I recently visited the Habitat Re-Store where I was able to pick up 3 doors for future greenhouses. It is amazing how much awareness there is and how many people are donating materials rather than throwing them away. The premise of selling these used building materials to raise money to then build homes (Habitat for Humanity) feeds right in to my business model of using these used materials to build "places to grow" and then donating a portion of the proceeds to organizations that benefit children! How can I not be enthusiastic?

Speaking of enthusiastic, the design for the first green house is almost complete with construction/assembly to begin within the next week! Now THAT is something to be excited about! Keep an eye out for pictures, as I will be keeping you up to date on my progress.
 
I am laying the bricks and meeting the people who will help move this forward. My gratitude goes out to each and everyone of you that keeps following my progress and encouraging me along the way.

Back soon, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment